Welcome to Ski 2 Freedom - Mountains for All
Are you looking for adventure, adrenaline, a new found freedom, somewhere different and truly memorable for you, your family or friends?
Ski 2 Freedom Foundation is the link for anyone whose life is affected by a disability, special need, life-challenging or life-changing condition, regardless of age, nationality, cultural or social background - families, individuals and groups to winter and year round activities.
Our extensive information resource ensures that beneficiaries achieve barrier-free access to the mountains. We provide a global and comprehensive guide and tailor our advice and support to meet your specific requirements.
For over 150 years the Alps and Mountains have been well-known for their therapeutic qualities. We are striving to bring this reality closer and are breaking down barriers to enable everyone to benefit on an equal basis and at all levels in mountain activities. They are a natural location for rehabilitation and an opportunity to find self-confidence and a renewed spirit for life.
Welcome to the magic of the mountains and allow us to be your guide on a journey full of freedom and new experiences!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined"
Henry David Thoreau
What We do
We provide a tailor-made service to each beneficiary – guiding you through every aspect of your journey towards your aspirations for a more fulfilled life. No other organisation caters for the needs of people affected by such a wide range of physical, social and emotional conditions or has the specialist knowledge required to meet your specific needs.
- Where to go and which activity is best suited to a person’s need
- Where the best instructor/guide and equipment is to be found
- Where to stay and whether there is suitable adapted accommodation
- How to get to the Mountains
- Provision of personal support and help if required
- Provision of information and access for breakthrough technological developments
- Provision of supporting evidence for legal purposes
- Provision of information and support for educational projects in adaptive sport and social tourism
Who We Help
- Individuals and families
- Support workers and their clients
- Schools and Universities
- Rehabilitation Units – both Military and Civilian
- Volunteers wishing to donate time and skills to help others realise their dream
- Organisations, mountain activity providers and mountain resorts
Skiing with Parkinson's in Le Grand Bornand
06 Jun, 2018
Skiing with Parkinson's Disease Hitting the slopes............ a fabulous article written by Laura Collins for The Parkinson Magazine's Spring 2018 edition about how nothing really gets in the way of a family ski holiday. Just a bit of advance planning and finding the right ski guide and equipment…
Donation from Snow Wise
21 Nov, 2017
Ski 2 Freedom Foundation is delighted to have received a donation from ski company Snow Wise. A new Alpine and Mountain Friend of the Foundation, Snow Wise will help bring a sense of freedom to more…
- "I just wanted to let you know my dreams have come true and I wanted to thank you as soon as I could... I've already cried a few times with my instructor from ESF Les 2 Alpes Loic!!!!!!"
- Susan (Addison's Disease) Feb 2014
- "We cannot thank Ski 2 Freedom enough - it's such a wonderful thing for Barnaby to be able to do and, perhaps more importantly, it makes him so much more part of the skiing holiday - on an equal footing with his sister, Olivia, and the other family we ski with. Thank you also to Simon, Lionel and Agathe at ESF La Rosiere who were all so accommodating and to the ski lift operators at Sainte Foy!"
- "I just wanted to email you to thank you so, so much for putting us in touch with the wonderful Reini of Active Motion in Grindelwald. We've had the most amazing week skiing and Eli has loved it. Thank you so much, we are definitely going to do this again next year so I'll be in touch again!"
- Mother of daughter with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy 2014
- "Thank you so much for all your help and sorting this out for me. This holiday has been a massive achievement for me!"
- "People should believe that their children can do anything. My mum wasn't sure if I would walk, but she believed in me, and so did my dad and now I can ski!!"