Donations – why we need them, how we use them and who benefits
Given the circumstances that now prevail worldwide regarding COVID-19, this is a time for thinking outside of the box!!
Why we need donations
To empower and enrich the lives of children and adults affected in some way by a life-changing or life-limiting condition. We do this by promoting access to the benefits of winter sports and wellbeing. As a result we enable our beneficiaries to benefit from improved mental and physical health, respite, social inclusion, hope, life-skills and lasting and precious memories.
As an advocate for the health benefits of mountain winter activities, it is important we have the best resources in place so that we can meet the increase in demand for our services and continue to be at the forefront of accessible mountain experiences. We remain the responsible advisor and facilitator of choice for a reason.
Many of those we have helped were on an once-in-a-lifetime trip but everyone is left with extraordinary memories and the knowledge that their trip to the mountains helped towards making the most of what time was left or give strength to meet the future.
How our donations are used
All our donations are used exclusively in helping others to feel a sense of empowerment and provide enlightenment and hope. To meet people’s aspirations and dreams we:
• Help guide people towards the most appropriate adaptive winter sport or well-being experience which provides them with the most comprehensive information, support and advice, meeting their specific needs and requirements.
• Provide a high ranking website which is accessible for everyone, social media platforms and promote the charity via many diverse routes such as publicity, networking, events, being with beneficiaries whilst on their experiences.
• Endeavour to make small individual grants towards the provision of specialist ski instruction or other winter sport assistance such as lessons or guided sit-ski trips
• Help with the provision of adaptive ski and winter sport equipment – there is currently insufficient material to meet demand.
Our website ‘Shop Window’ has attained a very high ranking which makes it the primary source from which people are able to find the support they personally require or to make a contribution via a donation or in kind.
Who Benefits from donations
Everyone can benefit from a donation!
• It can be someone who requires access to an adaptive winter sport.
• It can be the donor them self whose own life has been enhanced by knowing that they are not only sharing a passion for winter snow-sports and the mountains but are making a difference in how accessible and inclusive such activities can become.
• It can be sponsors and corporate donors who do or can actively carry out their social responsibility and ensure that their business is more in tune with accessibility and social inclusion.
• Travel companies, ski companies, and other winter sport related industry members are encouraged to include more clients who can benefit from their business. In addition providing an increase in access for people with medical, health or disability needs which will enhance the product they offer.
Those we have helped so far range in age from 2 to 90 years old, all with a very diverse range of medical/health conditions including, sadly, many whose life will end prematurely. This is about making dreams come true and providing lasting memories for family and friends. Giving people who care for a relative the opportunity of getting the respite and normality they so deserve.
Over 150 years ago, the mountains were well known for their health and the therapeutic healing qualities; fresh air, good food and exercise. We are striving to continue to provide access to this environment for everyone and helping to break down barriers so that all may benefit on an equal basis and at all levels in mountain activities. They are a natural location for rehabilitation and an opportunity to find self-confidence and a renewed spirit for life! We have supported families, groups, members of the Armed Forces, main-stream and special needs schools, ski clubs, disadvantaged young people and other members of society looking for self-confidence and a sense of purpose.
We believe that the greatest return for your donation, is the knowledge that you will have been responsible for the smiles, laughter, renewed health and well-being, empowerment, and ultimately the lasting memories for a child, young person or adult. Maybe it will be someone you know, be it family, friend or employee, who has the chance to enjoy these life-changing benefits of being in a winter mountain wonderland!
Ski 2 Freedom happily engages with, and will acknowledge, the support of people who share an empathy for helping others and who actively have a passion for health and well-being.
We offer the opportunity to support us as an individual and as a business wishing to honour corporate responsibility. Ski 2 Freedom encourages sponsors and donors to become actively engaged with our work, and we encourage the opportunity for you to see how your donation is helping on the mountain itself.
Ski 2 Freedom is also very aware that many businesses will themselves have employees who, either themselves or a family member, are affected by a life-changing condition and could directly benefit from our Mission. We therefore do like to offer such help as we believe a donor becomes a partner or even a member of our ‘Family’ and therefore we want to help and share with you as well.
24 Mar, 2020
Jacob Howes continues to love his skiing and inclusive family ski holiday!! The Howes family have…
03 Mar, 2020
We are delighted to have featured in the latest edition of UK's Ski & Snowboarder Magazine in…
01 Mar, 2020
Photo of one our Ski 2 Freedom's beneficiaries (Rett Syndrome) Mark Godden supporting Ski 2 Freedom…
16 Feb, 2020
An Inclusive, Accessible and Well-being mountain holiday! All taking place in the beautiful Haute…
04 Oct, 2019
ESF Les 2 Alpes: Inclusive, Assisted and Adaptive Ski and Snowboard Instruction and Guiding…
27 Sep, 2019
A Week in the Life of Mountains 4 All and Ski 2 Freedom is always busy but giving a helping hand to…