Adaptive and disabled skiing, cross-country skiing and snowboarding in Norway
Ski 2 Freedom Foundation believes that no child or adult, whatever their disability, special need or physical condition should be denied the opportunity of experiencing the therapeutic benefits of the mountains, especially in winter, in Norway.
Accessible disability ski holiday in Norway: There are so many different ways in which someone can enjoy the mountains in winter: skiing, snowboarding, snow-shoe walking, husky dog and horse sleigh rides, chauffeur driven taxi-ski, skating, sledging, well-ness, spa activities...or just sit and enjoy the panoramic views, read a book, enjoy a hot-chocolate and absorb the magic of the mountains!
Skiing with a physical disability, learning difficulties, blind or visually impaired, deaf or hard of hearing, transplant or amputation is possible almost anywhere in the Norwegian Mountains. The choice is determined as to what instruction and equipment is available and accessibility for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility.
• Learn to ski with a disability or special need (physical, sensory, learning…) – standing or sit-ski
• Improve your existing skills as a disabled skier or snowboarder
• Take your sit-skiing experience to a new level and with an adaptive ski instructor experience the excitement of powder
• Want to snowboard with your disability or special need then ride with the qualified adaptive instructors
• Snowshoe walks with experienced guides – wonderful for many disabilities including MS sufferers, visually impaired, degenerative conditions, Autism, Down’s Syndrome, people just needing peace and nature at is best
• Use the mountains without skiing to recharge, rejuvenate, help find self-esteem and confidence but enjoy the time with family and friends
Ski 2 Freedom was featured in an Article written by Norwegian journalist Oystein Mikalsen - Download PDF
We provide information on these companies with good faith but have no responsibility for their services or websites. If Ski 2 Freedom has personal knowledge of their services either from our own experiences or those of our clients we will indicate this with our logo. However, this does not necessarily mean that your own requirements will be met and we strongly recommend that you make all enquiries yourself as to whether any particular company will suit your needs.
03 Dec, 2019
New Year Countdown Day 3: Life-Changing Experiences in the Swiss Alps Take a break from the…
02 Dec, 2019
NEW YEAR COUNTDOWN – DAY 2 : Accessible Ski and Winter Holiday for Blind & Visually Impaired I…
02 Dec, 2019
Mountains 4 All Welcomes Two New Ski Company Members Snow Wise and Ski Weekender continue their…
04 Oct, 2019
ESF Les 2 Alpes: Inclusive, Assisted and Adaptive Ski and Snowboard Instruction and Guiding…
27 Sep, 2019
A Week in the Life of Mountains 4 All and Ski 2 Freedom is always busy but giving a helping hand to…
25 Sep, 2019
Catherine Cosby of Mountains 4 All made a return visit to Courmayeur Courmayeur Mont Blanc and…